A Dummy’s Guide to Sage One – Accounting for Money In
- This is the screen that will appear once you have opened your Sage One Start account.
- At the top right hand side of the screen there is a large red circle with a + sign in it, click on this
- A box should then open, click on the ‘Money In’ option
- This is the screen where you enter the transactions that go into your bank account
- You can select a Customer (or add a new one) in the ‘Contact’ section
- Select which bank account this receipt applies to by using the drop down under ‘Paid into Bank Account’
- The date received (if on cash accounting for VAT or are not VAT registered) is the date that this transaction entered your bank account
- The ‘Reference’ section could be used to enter your invoice number
- The ‘Category’ section is a drop down list of codes for you to select which is most relevant, sales is usually 4000
- The ‘Details’ section could be used to enter the description of your sales invoice
- If you are VAT registered, it should automatically calculate your VAT (make sure to select the correct rate)
- Click on ‘Save’ or ‘Save and Add Another’ and you are all done!
- You have now entered on your first money in transaction