Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) Templates
Please note that this information is correct as of the 1st June 2021.
HMRC has issued a template with the details of the employees you are claiming for (on or after 27 May 2021).
If you are claiming for 16 to 99 employees on or after 27 May 2021, you will need to upload a file containing the following information for each employee:
- full name
- National Insurance number (or payroll reference number if you do not have this)
- payroll reference number (sometimes called a pay identify or staff number)
- furlough start and end date (using the format DD/MM/YYYY)
- full amount claimed (pounds and pence)
- normal hours (using decimals, for example 7.5)
- actual hours worked (using decimals)
- furloughed hours (using decimals)
- if they have returned from statutory leave and you then put them on furlough
Your template may be rejected if you do not give the information in the right format. If your template is rejected, you will see a message on the screen and your claim will not be processed.
You will need to make sure that you:
- provide only the employee information requested here - you might be asked again, or your template may be rejected
- submit one line per employee for the whole period
- do not break up the calculation into multiple periods within the claim
- do not split data by contract type (for example, those paid weekly and monthly should be claimed for together)
- do not provide more or less columns than needed
- upload your file as an.xlsx, using the template on this page when you claim
If we submit your claim we will contact you beforehand to gather the right information. Please talk to us if you need assistance if you submit your claims.
Please click here to download a template if you're claiming for 16 - 99 employees through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.