Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
COVID-19 Government Support News: 5th July 2021
Please note that this update is correct as of the 5th July 2021. If you need any help or have any questions on the below please contact us on 01256 883 012.
Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
The grants to self-employed individuals whose businesses have been impacted by coronavirus has been extended to cover periods February 2021 to April 2021 (fourth grant - now closed) and May 2021 to September 2021 (fifth grant).
Eligibility: Check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme here.
The online claims service for the fifth grant will be available from late July 2021. Find out more about the fifth grant here.
Check if you Need to Change Your Self-Assessment Return for SEISS
You need to check your Self-Assessment return if you have:
- Already submitted your 2020 to 2021 Self-Assessment tax return online.
- Claimed a Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant during 2020 or 2021.
HMRC may have made an adjustment to your return if:
- The amount of the SEISS payments put in the SEISS box does not match their records.
- There was no SEISS amount entered.
- You did not submit a Self-Employment or partnership page (SA103 or SA104) and received SEISS payments.
The adjustment (and how to check it) depends on your circumstances and how you submitted your return. If we submit your return we will ensure the SEISS grants have been declared in the correct boxes. If you need help in submitting your return please contact us.
Click here if you need to change your Self Assessment return for SEISS.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) June 2021 Pay Period
Claims under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) are now open for pay periods in June 2021.
You must submit your claim for June 2021 by 14 July 2021.
Here’s a future claim dates reminder:
- For furlough days in July 2021 submit claim by 16 August 2021.
- For furlough days in August 2021 submit claim by 14 September 2021.
- For furlough days in September 2021 submit claim by 14 October 2021.
Click here to claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
Kickstart Scheme Employer Resources
If you have been offered Kickstart Scheme funding, you can use these resources to show your support for the scheme.
Click here to find out more about Kickstart Scheme employer resources.
VAT Deferred Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The VAT deferral new payment scheme has now closed.
Any deferred VAT outstanding after 30 June 2021 will be treated as debt and may be subject to a penalty.
Find out what to do to pay your VAT bill here.