Notification for Applicant for Employment
Melanie Curtis Accountants (including associated undertakings and licensees) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notification sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are a controller of your personal data, our registered offices are:
Melanie Curtis Accountants
Nature of data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact details
- Employment history
- Disability details
Source of Information
We may receive and process information about you from:
- yourself (data you provide)
- employment agencies
- job search websites
Our lawful basis for processing this data is
- the negotiation of a possible contract of employment with you
The consequences for you if we are unable to process this data would be:
- we would not be able to consider your application for employment
Your data will be retained for 1 year in case there are queries or you wish to re-apply unless you request we delete it beforehand.
If your application is successful your data will be retained as an employee and you will be provided with a new notification in that capacity.
To the extent that is necessary to negotiate a contract of employment your data may be shared with:
- our software and IT service providers
- your nominated referees
Uses made of the information
We use information hold about you in the following ways:
- to communicate with you
- to assess your suitability for employment
- to contact your nominated referees and receive references from them
- to manage the application and interview process
Disclosure of your information
Where we may occasionally be required to disclose certain information to additional third parties. We will disclose data only when and to the extent that we have a legal obligation to do so.
Such third parties may include:
- law enforcement (by warrant or subpoena)
- courts, tribunals or other judicial bodies
You have the following qualified rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access – you may request we provide you with the data we hold
- Rectification – you may request we correct any inaccurate data
- Erasure – you may request we erase your data
- Restriction – you may request we stop processing your data but retain it
- Objection – you may object to us processing your data
- Portability – you may request we provide you or a nominated party with your data in a commonly used, structured and machine readable format
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or any other European Supervisory Authority.
Changes to this notification
Any changes we may make to this notification in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by e-mail.