Notification for Suppliers (Sole Traders or Point of Contact)
Melanie Curtis Accountants (including associated undertakings and licensees) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notification sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are a controller of your personal data, our registered offices are:
Melanie Curtis Accountants
Nature of data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact details
Source of Information
We may receive and process information about you from:
- yourself (data you provide)
- your employer
Our lawful basis for processing this data is
- our contract with you (if you are a sole trader)
- our legitimate interest to manage our contract with your employer (if you are a point of contact)
The consequences for you if we are unable to process this data would be:
- we might not be able to continue to purchase goods or services from you (if you are a sole trader)
- we might reduce the scope of goods or services we purchase from you (if you are a sole trader)
- none (if you are a point of contact)
Data may be kept for up to 7 years from termination of our relationship with you or your employer in case there are queries, unless you request that we delete the data beforehand.
To the extent that is necessary to meet our legitimate interest to manage our contract with you or your employer, your data may be shared with:
- our software and IT providers
Uses made of the information
We use information hold about you in the following ways:
- to communicate with you
- to manage our contract with you or your employer
Disclosure of your information
Where we may occasionally be required to disclose certain information to additional third parties. We will disclose data only when and to the extent that we have a legal obligation to do so.
Such third parties may include:
- law enforcement (by warrant or subpoena)
- courts, tribunals or other judicial bodies
- local authorities
Transfer outside the EEA
We do not transfer your data outside the EEA.
You have the following qualified rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access – you may request we provide you with the data we hold
- Rectification – you may request we correct any inaccurate data
- Erasure – you may request we erase your data
- Restriction – you may request we stop processing your data but retain it
- Objection – you may object to us processing your data
- Portability – you may request we provide you or a nominated party with your data in a commonly used, structured and machine readable format
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or any other European Supervisory Authority.
Changes to this notification
Any changes we may make to this notification in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by e-mail.