Melanie Curtis Accountants (associated undertakings and licensees) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Melanie Curtis Accountants, Wellington Office, Stratfield, Saye, Reading, RG7 2BT.
Data Protection Notifications
To view your notification regarding our processing of your data please choose a category below that most closely describes your relationship with Melanie Curtis Accountants:
- Email correspondent
- Employee of a client we provide payroll services for
- Applicant for employment
- Email and B2B Direct Marketing
- Email and D2C Direct Marketing
- Contractors (Sole Traders and Limited Companies)
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.melaniecurtisaccountants.co.uk (our Site). This is limited to basic contact information which you provide at the time of registering interest in or requesting further services or information;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognize you when you return to our Site.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the site.
For more information please visit www.cookielaw.org
Where we Store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored on information technology systems located in the EEA. Some data processing in relation to web and email services is carried out on our behalf by a third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- To facilitate payment for our services via third party providers.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, or holding companies and subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers or users will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
- to ask us to rectify any incorrect data
- to ask us to erase your data
- to ask us to provide you with access to the data
- to ask us to restrict the processing of your data
- to have the data provided to you (or another party) in a portable, commonly used, machine readable format
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
1. How we use the information we collect
We use the information that we collect from cookies in a variety of ways.
We use the information to provide the services and information that you request and to respond to enquiries, requests and questions.
Cookies and tracking technologies
We use collected information through cookies and similar technologies to:
- Monitor site usage statistics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed;
- Track your behaviour after receiving an email newsletter or digital marketing material from Melanie Curtis Accountants Ltd including open rate and links clicked;
- Communicate with you via our Online Chat tool.
Cookies on our website
_gat, _ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_UA*, NID
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to our website.
MoneypennyHistory, MoneypennyRef, MoneypennyVisit, MoneypennyUserAlias, MoneypennyNoProactiveChat, MoneypennyAgentAvatar
These cookies power our Live Chat feature on our website and track your visit and website behaviour history.
This cookie is for our Google Website Call Conversion tracking and helps us identify call made from our Google AdWords campaign.
This cookie is set when you click to our website from Google AdWords and allows us to track traffic and activities from our Google AdWords campaign.
Cookie Consent: The cookie tool on this website remembers your privacy settings for the next time you visit the website.
lang, lidc, UserMatchHistory, bcookie
These cookies are used to track traffic and activities from LinkedIn Advertising visitors.
__hssc, __hssrc, __hstc, hubspotutk
Used to track traffic and activity from Hubspot visitors.
This cookie helps CloudFlare detect malicious visitors, essential for supporting CloudFlare’s security features.
Used by Facebook to deliver advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org
We use Google Analytics to measure and evaluate access to and traffic on our website, and to create user navigation and behaviour reports for our website administrators and marketing team.
Data collected from Google Analytics is not attributable to an individual